I Want My MTV

Friday

Please rate my blog a 5 here. For some reason I keep falling off the top 10..maybe it's manipulation by the blog owner..but, I know my readers support my blog!  I want to be back in the top 10..so, vote at least once a week! Thanks!
***
I guess I'm old school...well..at least when it comes to child rearing.

It's hard keeping up with the Jones' and I wrote about it before too ( The Damn Jones'!). I don't want to sound like we're poor..we're not..and there are many, many thousand, millions of people suffering these days. The economy is tough..it's tough for me too.but, much, much tougher for others.

My son wants a TV in his room..any TV. Of course, he'd love a flat screen model..one like all his friends have in their rooms. They also have DVD players, XBox, PS3, etc..all in their rooms. But, I don't agree. I love the fact that we hang out as a family..most nights..and especially on Sunday nights when we catch up on our favorite DVR'd shows together. We get in our pajamas, make pop-corn, we get our blankets and all sit in front of the TV in the family room and watch together.

Do you think that would happen if he had a TV of his very own? I doubt it. He'd be locked away in his room, TV on till all hours...and we wouldn't see him until he grew up and got married...

Yes, I'm old fashioned..and I guess it comes from when I was a kid. I didn't get a TV in my room until I graduated college (yes, I lived at home after college). We all watched together..and yes, it was torture some nights (or so I thought back then)..sitting there with my parents. But, what I wouldn't give now for one more torturous night again with my father..

I think it's a great way to keep in touch with your kids..to have the family all together at night..to keep the family spirit together.

Tickle your ass with a feather: Next week big announcement for some changes at Bi Like Me.
 

Popular Posts