A Gay Latino

Friday

Another reader's letter:

Hey I just want to start out by saying how much I love reading your blog, and especially all your sexy hook ups.

The reason I'm writing to you is to let you know how much your blog has help me accept myself for who I am. I'm a 21 year old college student and a gay Latino. Even though I can not imagine how it must feel to be in your shoes, I also thought that by getting married to a women all of my feelings and sexual thoughts about men would disappear. After finding your blog, I realized how much I was wrong. Reading about all your daily struggles you go through and how you must put your happiness last for you family, has made me realized how horrible it must be to be gay in a straight marriage.

After a couple months of reading your blog, I was finally accepting of myself and I did something that I thought I would never never (ever) do and that was come out to one of my sisters. It went better than I thought it would go and the feeling that I got from telling her was an incredible feeling that I can not describe. Even though I have only told a couple of my family members I am pretty much out at school.

I have also recommend your site to one of my friends that is still in the process in coming out. Another thing that I wanted to let you know was how wonderful of a dad you are and to not let those nasty comments get you down. I want to thank you for staring this blog and putting so much hard work in it and I bet you can not imagine how many people you have helped with your blog. ;)
 

Popular Posts