Two-a-Days

Tuesday


Is it summer yet?  It feels like it's going to be here soon!

So, I decided I need to really push myself. I've rededicated myself to working out, with the ultimate goal of losing 8-10 pounds. Impossible? Maybe...

I'm going to start going to the gym in the evenings or late afternoons, where I am able to. On days when the kids have after school activities, or other play dates, etc., I can hit the gym for an extra cardio push of 30-45 minutes.  This in addition to my regular daily workouts should help me attain my goal. I figure I can do two a days for maybe 3 days a week.

My wife says I'm crazy and she may be right. From looking at it, I don't need to lose weight, but even with eating rabbit food, eliminating most high fat foods, ice cream, cakes, juices..I can't seem to lose the weight that I want. What do I want? When I was in college I weighed 180. I've slowly climbed up..185, 187, 188, 190...193.  Recently, I've noticed I've "ballooned" to almost 197-198. It sickens me.  I know being 180 isn't realistic, but 188 is attainable.  The problem is maintaining it.

Even with my old routine, working out 6 times a week, and careful eating, I never lose weight. It's frustrating! I mentioned this to Ross and a few other friends, and they also have called me nuts.

I guess it's unanimous.  But, it's nothing I didn't know before.

Starting point 198.
 

Popular Posts